Massive is recognized as one of Canada’s Top Boutique Brand Agencies. Vancouver-based, with an outpost in Toronto, we are a full-service branding and creative agency whose approach centres on deep cultural insights, clear strategic direction and the power of human expression.
We’re on the hunt for experienced, bright, and ambitious brand strategists who excel in a high-paced environment. In this position, you’ll lead clients through the process of developing brands from scratch and refreshing existing brands. You’ll also be responsible for developing both go-to-market and market acquisition strategies.
This job is a great fit for someone who thrives on distilling clarity from vast amounts of information.
As a Brand Strategist at Massive, you’ll work closely with our creative team to develop, pitch concepts, and oversee the execution of brand strategy across a variety of projects. This role balances creativity with analytics, and strategic thinking. You’ll work in-sync with a Project Manager to manage client expectations throughout each project; while leading brand workshops for clients. You must thrive on learning about new industries and have a knack for people. This role requires someone who’s not just a quick learner, but also has an insatiable appetite for learning new information. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with brand management and be able to demonstrate your ability to be forward-thinking (ie: your ability to anticipate future trends and success of a product or service).
What You Will Do
- Conduct research including, but not limited to user and stakeholder interviews as well as analyzing data to inform the brand’s messaging, visual identity, and channel strategy.
- Lead and facilitate a variety of brand workshops for naming and brand messaging with large stakeholder groups, including executives.
- Oversee research and prepare insights presentations and reports
- Collaborate with the creative team to write copy and create brand strategy documents/artifacts such as buyer Personas, Experience Maps, Brand Stories, as well as Tone and Voice Guides.
- Generate presentation decks (with support from designers) for client presentations;
- Develop marketing plans through analysis of current market data and trends.
- Ensure that insights from the strategic direction meets both the business goals of the client and works within the project’s parameters.
- Must be able to clearly communicate the strategic direction to both clients and the internal creative team.
What You Bring
- Minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in developing brand and market strategies (school doesn’t count).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication;
- Experience in crafting brand messaging;
- Ample experience in working directly with clients to achieve their goals
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups
- High comfort level in presenting ideas to small and large stakeholder groups
- Experience writing for a variety of channels, for both B2B and consumer brands;
- Attention to detail, with a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, usage, and mechanics;
- Talent for strategic problem-solving;
- General knowledge of how to market at the channel level — websites, email, social, digital ads,
- Degree in business or marketing, or equivalent
- Sense of humour, with a dose of radical candour;
What We’re Looking For
At Massive, our team is expected to develop a diverse skill-stack, but at the core, we need:
- An exceptional and strategic thinker with empathy and a passion for turning insights into action
- Someone who strongly values kindness, collaboration and integrity
- A passion for sharing well-thought out ideas
$70k+, based on experience
If you think you’re the person for the job, please apply using the form on our website.
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive.