Massive is recognized as one of Canada’s Top Brand Agencies. Vancouver-based, we are a full-service branding and creative agency whose approach centres on deep cultural insights, clear strategic direction, and the power of human expression.
We’re looking for experienced, bright, ambitious strategists who excel in a high-paced environment. In this position, you’ll lead clients through the process of developing brands from scratch and refreshing existing brands. You’ll also be responsible for developing and executing go-to-market and market acquisition strategies.
This job is a great fit for someone who thrives on problem-solving and distilling clarity from vast amounts of information.
You’re someone who can think through the implications and impacts of decisions made during the project. Is there a better way to extract insights from the client? Is there a certain way the team needs to present a concept for a particularly detail-oriented stakeholder? What’s the best way to prioritize tasks to deliver the most value to the client? If you’re asking these questions, you’re probably a good fit for this role!
As a Brand Strategist at Massive, you’ll work closely with our creative team to develop, pitch concepts, and oversee the execution of brand strategy across a variety of projects. This role balances creativity with analytics, strategic thinking, and business considerations. You’ll work in-sync with a Project Manager to manage client expectations throughout each project and lead brand workshops for clients.
You must thrive on learning about new industries and have a knack for people. This role requires someone who’s not just a quick learner, but also has an insatiable appetite for learning new information. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with branding and marketing strategy and be able to demonstrate your ability to be forward-thinking (ie: your ability to anticipate future trends and success of a product or service).
What You Will Do
- Conduct research including, but not limited to, user and stakeholder interviews as well as analyzing data to inform the brand’s messaging, visual identity, and channel strategy.
- Lead and facilitate a variety of workshops for naming and brand messaging with large stakeholder groups, including executives.
- Oversee research and prepare strategic and creative presentations and reports
- Collaborate with the creative team to write copy and create brand strategy documents/artifacts such as buyer Personas, Experience Maps, Marketing Roadmaps, Campaign Plans, Social Media Calendars, Brand Stories, and Tone and Voice Guides.
- Develop detailed and tailored marketing plans through analysis of current market data and client insights.
- Ensure strategic direction and project decisions meet both the business goals of the client and works within the project’s parameters.
- Lead and be accountable for project success by working with both internal creative teams and client stakeholders to clearly communicate strategic direction and the reasoning behind it.
What You Bring
- Extensive experience in developing brand and market strategies for clients / in an agency environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication;
- Experience in crafting brand messaging and creative concepts (in collaboration with designers and art directors)
- Ample experience in communicating directly with clients to extract their goals, manage their expectations, and explain the logic and reasoning behind creative and strategic decisions.
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups
- High comfort level in presenting ideas to small and large stakeholder groups
- Experience writing for a variety of channels, for both B2B and consumer brands;
- Attention to detail, with a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, usage, and mechanics;
- Talent for strategic problem-solving;
- General knowledge of how to market at the channel level — websites, email, social, digital ads,
- Degree in business or marketing, or equivalent
What We’re Looking For
At Massive, our team is expected to develop a diverse skill-stack, but at the core, we need:
- An exceptional and strategic thinker with empathy and a passion for turning insights into action
- Someone who strongly values kindness, collaboration, and integrity
- A passion for sharing well-thought-out ideas
Based on experience.
If you think you’re the person for the job, please apply below.
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive.Apply Now