Massive is a Vancouver-based full-service branding and creative agency whose approach centres on deep cultural insights, clear strategic direction and the power of human expression.
The Graphic Designer will report to our Creative Director, as well as the Client Lead. Their responsibilities will include managing print/web projects, collaborating with a tight-knit team of creatives, and liaising with external partners.
What you will do
- Design original creative for print and web, including (but not limited to):
- Indoor and outdoor signage,
- Style tiles/creative concepts
- Digital presentations,
- Promotional booklets & pamphlets,
- Digital & physical ads,
- Social media posts,
- Email templates
- Liaison with print vendors to ensure project success.
- Take part in collaborative brainstorming sessions and workshops to develop creative ideas and concepts
- Execute all design work based on creative briefs and instructions from the Creative Director and Client leads.
- Generate presentation decks for client presentations
- Translate brand direction and creative briefs into physical and digital deliverables
- Collaborate with copywriters and content strategists on physical layout, editorial, signage, etc
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques to design using grid structures
- Ensure brand consistency is maintained across a project’s physical and digital channels
- Communicate with Project Managers and creative leads to ensure deadlines of projects are met
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and tools through articles, tutorial videos, podcasts, etc
- Source/create images for physical and digital channels that convey messages, concepts and human expression
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout based on tone established by Creative/Art Directors and brand guidelines
- Present or send final designs to Art Directors or Client Leads for approval/review/feedback.
- Incorporate feedback from clients and key stakeholders on projects to finalize designs.
What you bring
- Excellent visual design skills and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in printing processes and pre-press
- Prior experience managing projects
- 5 years+ of professional experience in graphic design. Experience with print and web is a must.
- Extensive experience in design software: Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and XD/Sketch
- Prior knowledge working with prototyping tools and the ability to learn new tools quickly for UX (Invision, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Marvel, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Sense of humour, with a dose of radical candor.
What We’re Looking For
At Massive, our team is expected to develop a diverse skill-stack, but at the core we just need an exceptional, strategic thinker with a passion for bringing creative concepts to life.
55-68K, based on experience
If you think you’re the person for the job, please email your resume, portfolio, a cover letter with three interesting facts about yourself, and your LinkedIn profile to [email protected].
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive Media.