Massive is recognized as one of Canada’s Top Brand Agencies; and one of the very few that has a deep knowledge of digital platform development for business marketing. We focus mostly on WordPress, Drupal, Shopify and are moving more into the area of headless CMS platform development. Vancouver-based, with an outpost in Toronto, Massive is known internationally as a full-service branding and creative agency whose approach centres on deep cultural insights, clear strategic direction and the power of human expression.
We’re seeking an experienced, bright, and ambitious (and kind!) human who knows how to balance the delicate craft of human empathy with driving the overall goals of a purpose-driven organization. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
As the Director, Web Development, you’ll lead the development team at Massive to ensure that projects are delivered within scope, while pushing the boundaries of human expression. You will ensure that the development team can deliver maximum value to our clients, while ensuring we remain within scope. To accomplish this, you’ll have deep insights into how to leverage technology, and are continually learning your craft; but are savvy enough to know when to push the boundaries of innovation vs. when to follow the KISS philosophy for client’s business needs that require simplicity.
— oh, and most importantly, you’ll strive to create an environment where everyone can have fun at the same time ;). This means building strong relationships with the team at Massive and being also to build strong rapport with people inside and outside of the organization quickly. Your EQ is likely off the charts, and you love solving hard problems. In this role, you will build and fine tune processes to ensure the seamless delivery of our website project experience, problem-solve project challenges, and coach/mentor within the organization to achieve a high standard of website execution. As a valued member of our leadership team you create and support initiatives that will support your objective — providing an exceptional client experience, backed by a rock star team who have clear guidelines on how to seamlessly execute in their role.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the Web Development team – quality, scope + budget.
- Develop new processes as needed to improve the execution of website projects.
- Listen to the needs of the clients in the market and support the leadership team in adapting organization strategy and processes to those needs.
- Support with the development and optimization of processes for organizations KPI’s and OKR’s for the Web Development team.
- Work with the leadership team to develop annual growth targets that are achievable, with your focus being on the current talent’s ability to handle the growth, as well as the organization’s ability to effectively recruit new positions required for targeted growth.
- Participate as a key digital strategist (digital platform related), alongside the founders for building a longer term strategy to build an internationally recognized brand for talent.
- Participate in the hiring process as one of the hiring manager’s for the web development team
What You Bring
- Eight to fifteen years of experience in web development and 5+ years in leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Strategic problem solving is one of your core strengths. You love the chance to exercise your skills on a problem.
- Exceptional ability to listen to client needs and find tangible solutions to solve their problems.
- Experience managing development teams to ensure projects are kept on schedule and within budget.
- Experience with building meaningful client relationships and managing teams to do the same.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Sense of humour, with a dose of radical candour.
Are you a cultural fit?
At Massive, our team is expected to develop a diverse skill-stack, but at the core, we need:
- An exceptional and strategic thinker with empathy and a passion for turning insights into action
- Someone who strongly values kindness, collaboration and integrity
- A passion for sharing well-thought out ideas
- Your ambitious, but taming your ego is an art you’ve mastered
$90 – $110k, based on experience
If you think you’re the person for the job, please apply using the form below.
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive.