Headless Stack Web Developer
Massive is a Vancouver-based full-service creative agency helping ambitious brands craft experiences in digital and analog environments.
We’re looking for a part-time Web Developer to join our engineering team. Want to know if this is the right fit for you? Here are the Cole’s notes:
You’re someone who gets excited by collaborating with other teams and bringing a digital vision to life. You have a keen eye for details and consistency, but you understand the importance of being strategic and thinking through the long-term impacts of your development decisions. You’re a good coder, and you know your stuff, but you’re always looking to grow and develop your skills, learning from others around you. You’re a code nerd who likes to think about the best way to build something, even if that something is a fun project you like to do on the side. Oh, and you’re a kind and thoughtful person to boot.
At Massive, we believe that a job is a relationship. So we think it’s important that you get to know a little bit about us. Here’s what you need to know:
We’re a passionate bunch of creatives who care about creating bold, beautiful, and strategic brands and digital products that can help our clients make transformative change in their respective communities. We like to have fun, but we’re serious about our work. We believe that we all succeed together, and we all fail together. That means that everyone pulls their weight, and that help is there when you need it. We work fast, iterate quickly, and always look for the most efficient and productive way to get something done, even if that means killing a few of our darlings. Finally, we believe in checking egos at the door because when everyone comes to the room with an open mind, we all walk out better for it.
Sound good? Submit an application and let us know!
Please note: This role is designed as a part-time role, however, if you also have experience with WordPress or Drupal, please let us know in your application.
Roles + Responsibilities
- You’ll work with our creative teams to bring digital experiences to life and ensure that consistency, quality, and best practices are maintained from the build, QA, and launch phases of a website project.
- You’ll maintain and manage existing Contentful / React websites, supporting feature requests and making recommendations to clients.
- You’ll work with our content and UX teams to content model and create an efficient, scalable, and authorable website for our clients
- You’ll review existing code and website architecture to suggest improvements and recommendations
- You’ll report to our CTO and VP of Operations to achieve project goals and outcomes
- You’ll work with the business development team to provide accurate estimates to inform project scope, budget, and timelines.
Required Skills + Experience
- English language proficiency + strong communication skills is a must
- Cross-disciplinary collaboration with the design, content, UX, and client engagement teams
- Experience in both conducting and receiving peer-to-peer code reviews
- Basic knowledge of web development best practices and foundational principles, including but not limited to:
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO, accessibility, and responsive design standards and best practices
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Extensive experience working with headless CMSs, primarily Contentful, including backend and deployment considerations including architecting and configuring effective build and launch processes.
- Familiarity and demonstrated ability to develop compelling, efficient front-end experiences using React-based SSG frameworks (e.g. Gatsby, Next.js)
- Proficiency with TypeScript
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate development timelines, effort, and scope.
- IMPORTANT: Experience with content modeling and understanding the impact of development decisions on UX, scalability, and authoring against our business objectives and project scope.
Subject to experience. This is a part-time employment position on a two-month contract with the opportunity to grow into full-time employment.
How to Apply
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive Media.
Massive is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent and attitude.
No phone calls or walk-ins.Apply Now