Front End Developer
Massive is a Vancouver-based full-service branding and creative agency helping brands craft impactful experiences in digital and analog environments.
We’re looking for a team member with proven front-end web development skills to join our team. This is a full-time role, located in our Vancouver (HQ).
At Massive, you’ll collaborate with a diverse team of talented designers and strategists to build world-class brands, websites and campaigns for our partners. The right candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment, has excellent communication skills, and is passionate about development and design.
What you will do
- Work with the team to produce estimates, establish timeframes, and identify potential roadblocks/risks to successful delivery.
- Based on project briefs, work with the team to roadmap the development of websites and supporting infrastructure.
- When executing, strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design. Work efficiently and iteratively to deliver value early and identify/communicate challenges that require input from other team members before they affect timelines/deliverables.
- Optimize site for speed/usability/accessibility across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms.
- Work constructively with team members across disciplines through roadblocks and challenges, solving problems and supporting the team while remaining porous to feedback.
- Test/QA your work as you execute. Seek to understand what ‘done’ actually means to the team and the client.
What you bring
- Min. 5 yrs experience in front-end development
- Deep experience in developing custom WordPress themes, plugins, and sites from scratch
- Experience with PHP / TypeScript
- Experience with web animation. CSS / JS / GASP / Canvas / etc
- Excellent communication skills with both colleagues and external clients
- Capacity to manage priorities and deadlines
- Capacity to work in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong team player, analytical and dynamic
- Self-directed, self-starting
- Capacity to transform management protocols into effective technology
- Experience & understanding of security best practices
- Exceptional attention to detail – you take pride in your work and sweat the small stuff;
- Experience managing workload in project management software (we use Wrike), and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with project managers
Bonus Points if you Have the Following
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with headless CMSs
- Experience with Shopify
- Basic server / DNS management skills
Have a GitHub profile or similar? We’d love to see it!
Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
If you think you’re the person for the job, please apply below.
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive Media.
Massive is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent and attitude.
No phone calls or walk-insApply Now